The apples we have been receiving have been so crisp and so tasty. The are perfect for this quick dessert. Fall is here and this is a great heated up with a hot cup of coffee and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Recipe inspired by Apple Crisp III on Allrecipes.com
- 4 cups sliced apples
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8x8 inch baking dish.
- 2. Place apples in prepared dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Pour water over all. In a bowl, cream together sugar and butter. Blend in flour. Sprinkle mixture evenly over apples.
- 3. Bake in preheated oven 30 to 40 minutes, until apples are tender and crust is golden.