Making the most of simple, fresh ingredients found at your local Farmer's Market, these quesadillas make great appetizers or a quick and healthy meal. Serve while hot with your favorite salsa, sour cream, and guacamole.
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow squash
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- cooking spray
- 6 (9 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1 1/4 cups shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
HOW TO PREPARE
1. In a large nonstick pan, cook red pepper, zucchini, yellow squash, onion, and mushrooms in olive oil over medium to medium-high heat for about 7 minutes, or until just tender. Remove vegetables from pan. 2. Coat the same pan with cooking spray, and place one tortilla in pan. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of cheese evenly over tortilla, and layer 3/4 cup of the vegetable mixture over the cheese. Sprinkle another 1/8 cup of cheese on the vegetables, and top with a second tortilla. Cook until golden on both sides, for approximately 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove quesadilla from pan, and repeat with remaining ingredients. Cut each quesadilla into 8 triangles with a pizza cutter. Serve hot.