Recipe from Fred Forsburg - Honeyhill Farm
- Garlic Scapes
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
HOW TO PREPARE
If over-cooked they will be tasteless
- Wash and Snap Scapes into bite size pieces. Snap off the pointy end and dispose, eating the fleshy portion.
- Place a sauté pan on medium high heat and allow it to get hot
- Add olive oil
- Sauté until al dente, sauté means “to jump” , move them around, 1 minute
- Serve as a side or main dish. Tastes like roasted garlic with a spring flavor
- Make a pesto by substituting the garlic and basil with scapes or alternately combine basil and scapes……WOW!!!
- Steam or blanch for 1-2 minutes and serve with butter, salt & pepper
- Microwave with olive oil, covered until fork tender about 1-2 minutes
- Add raw to quiche or omelets
- Chop and add to mashed potatoes!
- Stir fry with vegetables and / or meat
- Add to cream cheese or goat cheese, we call it Scapegoat.
- Slice raw into mayonnaise based salads e.g. potato, egg, macaroni